Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday

Okay, last excerpt I'm giving. I'm just such a spoiler whore, and I didn't post yesterday, so I feel obliged to give you something good.....

“What’s it like... Hogwarts?” [Sam] was watching the words overhead, too, and had apparently been taken captive by the last one.

Lily raised her eyebrows. “It’s... brilliant. Didn’t you ever go?”

“I went,” said Sam. “Got sorted into Hufflepuff, though, and as far as Mum was concerned, that practically made me a squib. So she decided enough was enough and brought me home.”

“Oh...”

“It was years ago,” Sam went on, grinning. “I reckon I’ve moved on. But all the same, I wonder how it must be to... to always be around people one’s own age.”

“You were taught at home, then?” asked Lily curiously, and Sam nodded. “Well... it’s brilliant. I wish I could say it wasn’t, but... everything there is—fantastic. Always new.”

“The castle’s hundreds of years old, you know...”

“Mmm, but it’s—it’s always changing. You never know what to expect. And there’s always something to do, and something to find out, and... I don’t know. There are... twice as many things to find out as there were before I knew that I was... y’know—a witch.” Lily bit her lip, trying to find a downside. Unable to think of any, exactly, she tried a different tactic: “But you grew up in a pureblood house, so—I reckon you’ve got all that there.”

“Maybe,” said Sam evasively.

Lily frowned. “Anyway, that’s why I’m here.”

“Oh?” Her companion brightened a little, amusement in his blue eyes. “I thought you were here for my cousin.”

“Oh, because I’m a girl,” said Lily sarcastically, “and my only concern is boys.”

No, because my cousin is an absolute dish...”
Yes, yes he is.
Cheers,
Jules

P.S. ETA on the next chapter? Within a few days.......
P.P.S. Thank you to everyone for their sweetness and "get well soons." =)

12 comments:

  1. What is it with me checking your blog right after you post lately? Weird.

    So... Lily goes to James' house or something? Won't that be interesting. And Sam seems nice; he seems a little incredibly gay. And perky.

    Hope you're feeling not quite so brink-of-death today ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. James's house doesn't feature until Chapter 29, though, so they're not at James's in that scene. And Sam is quite perky =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm under the impression that they were both "arrested" and are currently chatting it up in a jail cell... hehehe.

    Can't wait for the update :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really know how to make me crave an update. I agree with anonymous. I think they're arrested... but I think I'm gonna love Sam. Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please please please update soon!! thats all i can say :DD


    Oh, and get well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the next chapter looks awesome. i can't wait to read it!
    glad you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am giggling like a giddy schoolgirl! I have a feeling I am going to like Sam a lot. And now I know what you meant when you said Lily isn't Sam's type, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YESSSSSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK Jules, you must stop giving so many spoilers. Seriously. It makes the wait so much harder.

    If you are going to give spoilers, give really irrelevant ones like "Lily ate porridge for breakfast that morning and decided it tasted a little plain, so she added some honey and a few slices of apple to it. Then it was far more tasty."

    Totally inconsequential, but no doubt enough to get the more obsessive of our readers (all of which frequent this site) all excited without ruining anything. Because as it is, reading the little spoiler you just gave is going to make me check your fanfiction.net profile every half hour.

    And thing is, even though I don't want to have things ruined for me and I always want to be surprised, I Can't frakking stop myself from reading the spoilers. I'm so lame. In DH, I actually skipped to the epilogue halfway through cos I just couldn't hold off any longer. And then I was really angry at myself.

    Blah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO YOURSELF?!?! "I am going to die" was the second most epic part of the book, IMHO (the first most epic being when they rode a frickin dragon, because, lets face it, that is what I have been waiting to see since book 1).

    Second of all, Lily's breakfast is totally mentioned in Chapter 28. I could post the scene where she eats it, BUT IT CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS!

    I will tell you this.......




    toast is involved.

    This has been a non-spoiler spoiler.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like the non spoiler spoiler. because toast is tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol that's much more like it lol. Non-spoiler spoilers are the way to go :)

    Ah yes, I did totally ruin the book for myself. JKR obviously wanted us to think Harry was going to die, but clearly it was lost on me. What's more, I had a theory that Ginny would die, which would make everything tragic and sad blah blah blah, but, obviously I found out that I had been wrong on that. And that Snape was a goodie if Harry named his son after him (but then again, I already knew that).

    So yeah, I wanted to beat myself up after I read the epilogue; if I wasn't such a wimp I would have.

    Anyhoo... more non-spoiler spoilers please! :)

    ReplyDelete