Saturday, December 4, 2010

12/4

So, content wise, I'm approximately halfway through Chapter 28... Maybe a little more. But I usually get a lot of writing done on Sundays, so that should be good.
Also, I decided I wanted to read Donna/Lathe fanfiction the other day... before I remembered that I invented them both and there IS no fanfiction for them. Damn it.

Here's a big old snippet from the chapter:


In an unexpected ending to the strangest thirty-six hour period of her life, Lily found herself sliding her feet into her brown high-heeled sandals. There was no hope for her hair, so she pulled it into a single plait, which she hung over her right shoulder and tied with navy ribbon. She brushed a light dusting of blue powder on her eyelids, applying a veneer of pink lipstick over her chapped lips and enough ivory concealer to fill in the imperfections on her face, incurred through the last day and a half of madness. She felt odd, blinking her eyelashes over the mascara brush and surveying the finished product in the looking glass: her flower patterned navy blue peasant dress (which revealed two thirds of the legs she had shaved only minutes before), the gold bangles that hung on her arms (half concealing bruises from that stupid door), and the large hoop earrings she had worn to Petunia’s wedding (an eternal five weeks prior). Yes, it was an odd sight indeed. The unmistakable air of exhaustion (exhilarated, excited, proud exhaustion) that presented itself in her mirror image was the only clue that the last thirty-six hours were anything more than an unusual dream.

Love you all
Cheers,
Jules

10 comments:

  1. Soo that is the ending to the strangest day... I thought that was going to be chapter 29. But I cannot wait to read it!!! When I read your comment about Donna/Lathe fanfiction I thought oh that would be a good read... then I read the rest of your commment. Is she possibly getting ready for the Alice/Frank wedding that needs to happen sometime soon???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went looking for Luke fanfiction last week, so right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should write a Luke one shot. I feel like he deserves one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *nods emphatically*

    As President of Team Evil!Luke, I'm not adverse to getting on my knees and flat out begging for a one-shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking for a "like" button, then I remembered this isn't Facebook or Tumblr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm rereading chapter 6 because.. well c'mon, Quidditch tryouts, Marlene/Miles tension, James smoking.. and I've finally decided what my absolute FAVOURITE line in this whole story is:

    "Because we are a team, and I really have no bloody clue, so if you all don't vote, I'm picking the Ravenclaw who offered me a lap dance. Clear?"

    Everytime I read that, I die laughing :-))
    Cannot-a-wait-a for 28. But I'm pretty sure I mentioned that once. Or twice. Or y'know, six teen hundred and forty one.
    -Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and @bree: I would have 'liked' your comment, but there you go :-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to 'like' both bree and charleschulz 's comments.

    Oh man Jules, you know how to write a story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @charlieschulz- That is so weird because I am also rereading chapter 6 and James having that meltdown after Quidditch tryouts is pure gold.

    @Lindsay- Blogger should have a little heart we can all click when we like a post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jules, you are amazing. I freaking love your updates, they make me super happy!
    I totally know what you mean about the fanfics. I read the first part of the Donna/Lathe sentence and thought, hey, I should look for some Donna fanfics since Lathe is an OC... yeah. Then I read the rest. :P
    I'm heading into exams right now, but I'll try to review the past few chapters since I haven't done that yet, and I think you like reviews almost as much as I love updates. :D
    Have a good weekend!
    --Bug

    ReplyDelete