Monday, February 7, 2011

Stuff and more Stuff

[Warning: there is a youtube video at the end of this post. Hitting spacebar might cause it to play and have some believe they are going insane. =P]

Kiss and Tell updated. And there was much rejoicing.

I'm just.... they're just.... Lily and James for life, baby.

With regards to TLAT update... Idk. It might be a little longer than I thought, but not because I'm lazy. I'm just really taking my time with the chapter, and there are a couple of reasons for that.
1. I'm writing comparatively long segments from POVs that I don't usually write extensively. For example, Lily's thought patterns come much more naturally to me at this point, as do Marlene's and Donna's, but Mary and Carlotta are very different, so I have to make sure I'm doing it right.
2. There's so much subtext I have to battle through. It's like, I'm writing James's thoughts (for example) without actually writing James's thoughts, and I want to make sure I'm communicating all the characters well.
3. A lot of things are changing in this chapter, or, a lot of things have already changed by the time this chapter rolls around, so that I have to establish change and then elaborate upon it. I don't know if that will make sense to anyone but me, but... yeah.
4. It's the first chapter of a school year, which means a lot of things HAVE to happen (i.e. train ride, sorting, Dumbledore speech, new teachers, etc.) and that just takes time.

So, all of that means that I'm kind of working my way very methodically and thoughtfully through the construction of this chapter, which is funny, because its probably the most emotional thing I've written since Chapter 25.

Here's kind of a fun spoiler.
Besides the already alluded to introductions, there are three new characters stepping up.
Eran Ramsay
Valentina Ramsay
Fiona Keepdown


Also, here's a tiny excerpt regarding the Head Dormitory situation.

“Oi! That’s right! I get my own room!”

“Did you forget?”

“It hadn’t occurred to me. Will it just appear at the top of the stair, like it did for Frank?”

Lily nodded. “And there will be one on the girls’ end of the tower, too.”

“Do we get our own Common Room?”

“What?”

“Our own Common Room.”

Lily frowned. “No. Where on earth did you get that idea?”

“I don’t know,” admitted James. “I feel like I read it somewhere.”

I think I'm much cleverer than I actually am, yes.

And some inspirational music, lol.


Love,
Jules

30 comments:

  1. hahaha "I feel like I read it somewhere."

    and take your time with the chapter! =D We'll all go crazy when it gets updated no matter what. Or we might go crazy before, you never know. xDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^agree. take your time. the wait is always totally worth it.

    happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long time lurker and reader, first time commenter. TLAT = all sorts of brilliant: very well-written with interesting, realistic characters and a well-developed plot...definitely a refreshing read and gem in fanfic! :)

    Also, I love the idea of the heads having single rooms within their own Houses rather than elsewhere in the castle.

    ^and agree with Yuri and anon. 10:38. Cheers on writing chapter 30!

    - Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regina is always inspirational, although I've temporarily set her aside for the Mumford and Sons album, which you mentioned back in December but I just got around to checking out. And dear lord, is it lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, James reads the most peculiar things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOOOL that made me laugh.

    Take your time with the chapter Jules. We'll all still be here if you take an extra week or two. Even three.

    No rush. Quality and all that. It's why we all like LaT so much after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHAAHAH @ "I feel like I read it somewhere."

    brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder if James reads LJ fanfiction...

    Either way, take your time we will all still be here when you post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that excerpt! I can't wait for their Head Boy/Girl interactions :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Lindsay: LOL! I've always sort of wondered what James, Lily, etc. would think of fanfiction...you know, if they were real. Which they're not. Ahem. Right, gotta keep reminding myself of that.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. "its probably the most emotional thing I've written since Chapter 25."

    Hells to the yeah

    ReplyDelete
  12. “I feel like I read it somewhere.”LOL
    Anyway,take your time,quality over quantity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. And then Todd pressed the Space Button on her own Computer, and the YouTube Video did play. And she saw that it was Good. She did not burst into Hysterics for the Jules had given warning to Todd at the Beginning of the Post, and Todd heeded this Warning with much Gratitude. So Todd rejoiced and read the Excerpt with her Sanity intact, praising the name of the Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ^LOL. that comment and "I feel like I read it somewhere" ... day made. :D

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Todd: Are you sure you're not the reincarnation of my friend Kristin? Because you ALWAYS remind me of her....which is def a compliment btdubs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Todd--LOL.

    Also, I grinned a lot at James' comment.

    I feel like I haven't been here in forever, which I haven't been, so saying that makes sense. I LOVE YOU JULES.

    ^^I need to get my "JulesLove" quota in for the month so....

    YOU'RE FANTASTIC.

    BRILLIANT.

    HILARIOUS.

    FABULOUS.

    TALENTED.

    INGENIOUS.

    CREATIVE.

    CLEVER.

    AWESOME.

    AMAZING.

    WONDERFUL.

    THE FUCKING BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Kelsey I'm not sure if someone can be reincarnated when they're not dead yet... Maybe it's one of those "only 1,000 personalities in the word" thing?

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Todd- lofl. "The Epic of Todd." You should write it. It'd be like the Epic of Gilgamesh for the 21st century.

    @Kayla, everything about you is beautiful, and the handless blogspot is better because of you =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice. Can't wait for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  20. lol shut up i'm having fun experimenting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. lulz I see what you did thar....

    ReplyDelete
  22. ... what pun? I don't get it...

    I'm liking the new layout Jules. It's pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Impact is the font me thinks

    ReplyDelete
  24. tcha, that's right. Lol, I just really didn't like the last one, so I felt the need to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. hehe,
    'I feel ilke I read it somewhere'
    Maybe James reads L/J fanfiction. :)

    ReplyDelete