Sunday, March 6, 2011

Not that he was comparing the two...

Alternate version of the Chapter 27 scene. This was not included, because I lost most of the chapter, thought I deleted it, rewrote it, and then found this after having posted the chapter.

In most ways, Carlotta was entirely unlike Lily.  
Not that James was comparing the two, because he certainly was not.  
The Potters and the Melonis had, as Carlotta predicted, arranged to have lunch together on Saturday at the big grey house belonging to the latter; Mr. and Mrs. Potter talked about the town and the area with Mr. and Mrs. Meloni, while Carlotta’s sisters and brothers entertained themselves, and Carlotta mostly heeded her classmate. While the adults sipped tea, the two seventeen-year-olds walked the length of the Melonis’ wrap-around porch, and James made his silent observations about Carlotta. 
 They were not entirely different, of course, both being clever, pretty, and talkative, and some of their differences, of course, resided in superficial appearance—Carlotta being somewhat slimmer and shorter than Lily, with dark skin easily turned by the sun. Her hair was dark too, of course, but her eyes were neither as large nor expressive as Lily’s. Objectively, perhaps, Carlotta was the prettier; her features resided in perfect proportion, and she projected a much more... relaxed air. But, apart from physical differences, she had a more direct nature and quipped far less than Lily. 
 Not that James was comparing the two, because he certainly was not

12 comments:

  1. LOVE. Thank you so much for digging this out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. any other deleted scenes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Random question, but it just occurred to me the other day: is the 75 detentions thing going to come up again? Either way, props to James for having made it an entire year without one....

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Kelsey: I am also incredibly interested in the 75 detentions. I sure hope it comes up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how far along is the chapter jules? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost completely forgot about the detention thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 717, There are some other deleted snippets I could post, yeah. I'll dig 'em up.

    Also, the 75 detentions will be revisited.

    748, I haven't written any more this weekend, so no further along than before. Like I said--crazy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou for posting these! Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! I was just wondering.. Will Remus have a love interest this eyer? And if so, will it be with someone that we already know? :)
    (maybe some of the main girls...? lol)

    And the deleted scene is awesome! I loved their relationships so much that cap! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. ps: Ups, I actually meant to post the previous comment in the Chapter 26's post :P Anyways.. xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really wish I hadn't found out that you have a blog. All these deleted scenes and sneak peeks kill me :[ On the other hand I really enjoy them. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete