Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pg. 16 of Chapter 27, and I'm typing in Courier New because it makes me feel like a 1930s journalist on a typewriter. 


So, taking a break from my ARDUOUS half an hour writing session (I just got back from class, too, so I have an excuse), I thought I'd drop in and say hello.


Also, here are all the ITISNS references from Chapter 26. 


Definite References:
1. Lexi and Eden get their names from Lexi Shaw and Eden Dearborn, Lily's besties in "Shaken."
2. Bruno Trent--the guy that Lily dances with at the wedding in Chapter 26--gets his last name from Lily's one-time bf, Elijah Trent.
3. Clarence Byron's dad is mentioned as being named "Leander." Alice Prewett of ITISNS had a boyfriend named Leander (obscure, much?)

Sort of References:
1. Eden calls Lily 'Red,' which was her nickname of sorts in ITISNS.
2. Rachel Richards has the same first name as Sirius's one-time gf, Rachel Brossle in ITISNS, but this was really only incidental, seeing as I randomly named Rachel Richards during Chapter 25... good catch to the reviewer who spotted it though =)
3. James's blond ex-girlfriend, Teresa. Okay, this is a stretch. Originally, I intended to name the Daily Prophet receptionist "Redival," and then maybe "Teresa Shelley" after James's blond gf, Redival Shelley, but for whatever reason, I didn't. Still, I could see Redival Shelley evolving into a Teresa of sorts, so it's KIND of there...


Actually, I intended for there to be more, but the editing process made me cut Donna's plot (delaying it till the next chapter) and a few other things, too. 


At any rate, there you have it. 


Chapter 27 is happening, and the weather is encouraging me, so that's always good. Thanks to everyone who is reading and commenting-- I love, love, love to hear from you.


LAT fun fact of the day: Carlotta Meloni used to be named Marcia Delanova. This, I recalled while digging through old stock docs for snippets of Chapter 27 that I wrote a long, long time ago, where I suddenly encountered James having a conversation with someone named "Marcia." Lol. Aaaaand there's your spoiler for today, too. (I don't know why I changed her last name, but her first named got changed when Deathly Hallows gave us "Mary MacDonald," and that, combined with "Marlene" and someone named "Mary-Ann Mumps"--Shelley, these days--meant nearly everyone in that dorm had an M-A-R name). Also, at one point, I had planned on making Carlotta and Alice bffs before the whole tryin'-to-steal-Frank business. Wow. Glad I changed that, or I'd never be able to forgive Carlotta.


Alright, I'm shutting up and going back to writing a bit before work... No lie, I'm sort of procrastinating because I feel traitorous writing the next few scenes.

Don't hate me; I recycle. =)

2 comments:

  1. I am soo scared and excited for the next chapter, you have been apologizing for it for months now. Post it soon!!! I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've officially found a new fan! I ran across your stories just the other day, and have completely fell in love. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete